REACH COVID-19 UPDATE
As a responsible company, the health, safety and well-being of all our staff, customers, suppliers and visitors to our offices are a primary concern and priority. We, therefore, continue to monitor the evolving situation closely guided by information from the UK Government, Public Health England, NHS England and the World Health Organisation. Our thoughts go out to all those affected by the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak both within the UK and abroad.
Based on guidance from qualified sources, we are promoting virus spread prevention measures with our employees via discussion and engagement, raising awareness of personal hygiene and social distancing, and maintaining the premises to very high standards. We also avoid non-essential travels or visits to customers and suppliers’ sites, unless for delivery or collection purposes.
- Being a part of the Mercantile & Maritime Group, we have the support and purchasing power of a larger global entity, which allows us to be more secure and better supported during times of potential disruption.
- We recognise that customers are concerned about product safety, especially from seriously affected countries. We can confirm that there are no product risks, and given the exceptional circumstances, our stock levels are monitored for availability.
- We have contingency plans in place to maintain good levels of customer service and support in the event there is prolonged periods of business interruption.
- We will maintain communication as things progress.
Advice to Customers
- Whilst we are working to maintain the smooth operation of all of our supply chains and hold appropriate levels of stock for maintaining business, it is possible that there may be some disruption or delays in the operation of our usual service.
- There may be instances where we may not be able to fulfil your order in full every delivery, and we suggest that you consider ordering a little extra. All our products are suitable for home freezing on the day of receiving delivery.
- The advice from the government is for individuals to limit personal contact, and therefore, we recommend reviewing your fortnightly requirements and consolidate these into fewer deliveries.
- If you have your own requirements in relation to Coronavirus which may affect your delivery, then please let us know. We will ensure that they are assessed, and necessary actions taken.
- Drivers are taking extra precautions to minimise the risk of spread. They do not come into close contact with other members of the operational team as part of the social distancing guidelines and stay in their vehicle while the food is loaded.
- Wearing gloves is required when handling orders and they are required to wash their hands before shift, after shift and between jobs. They wear a new pair of gloves for each delivery. Our delivery vehicles are washed and sanitized thoroughly at the end of each day.
- They are monitored for body temperature before and after shift and anyone with temperature above 37.8 are advised to self-isolate for 7 days before returning to work.
- Our drivers are advised not to take customers signature for deliveries but to take the name of the person accepting the order and to write this in themselves. This will limit both the personal contact for our drivers as well as our customer.
- Where possible, orders are delivered to customers with minimal to no contact. A photograph will be sent to you via text or email to let you know when your delivery has arrived at your door.